Steps to make the banana halwa or banana sheera recipe:
1: Heat oil or ghee. add the pre roasted semolina and fry for some 2-3 minutes.
2: Add the chopped bananas and stir.
3: Lower the flame. add the hot water or milk, dry fruits and cardamom powder.
stir. the semolina absorbs the liquids and swells up. stir well so that the
mixture does not become lumpy.
4: Add sugar and stir.
5: Keep on stirring. ensure that the whole mixture is smooth and not lumpy.
simmer for 2-3 minutes on a low or medium flame. lastly add the crushed saffron.
6: Stir again and cook banana sheera for 2-3 minutes more.
7: Pour sheera into serving bowls and serve banana sheera hot or warm.
B anana Sheera Recipe
Recipe type: Desserts
- 1 cup roasted semolina/suji/rava
- 2-3 bananas, chopped
- 8-10 almonds or cashews, chopped or sliced
- 10-12 raisins
- 2-3 cardamoms, powdered
- 3 tbsp oil or ghee
- 5-6 tbsp sugar (add as required)
- a pinch of saffron, crushed
- 21/2 cups hot water or hot milk
- heat oil in a pan. add pre roasted semolina and
fry for 2-3 minutes till they semolina starts getting fragrant.
don't brown the semolina.
- add chopped bananas and stir.
- add the hot water or milk and the dry fruits.
- add sugar and stir. simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- now add the saffron. stir and simmer for 2-3
- serve banana sheera hot or warm.
1. the dry fruits can also be fried in oil or
ghee and then added lastly to the sheera.
some more ghee or oil can also be added to get a smooth texture.